Agile| Aware| Analyzer | Multi-Outlet
Why it's important
- Counts keep track of your on hand and show you the value of your inventory.
- Counts helps to answer this question: what did it cost me to run my operation during this period.
- Actual usage calculation: Opening level + purchases – closing level. These levels are determined by your counts.
What this means is that when you receive products and enter an invoice we add to the On Hand for that product. If the product is not in a location then reciProfity cannot zero it out when you take counts and the On Hand for that product will remain, thereby skewing your On Hand after a count.
How to do it
- Create Locations
If you have imported your data from CostGuard you can skip to Step #3 below
We have imported your locations set up and your ingredients associated with those locations and sub locations. Read more here.
From the main Counts screen, click on "Locations"
- On the following screen, click "New Location"
Enter your location name and, if applicable, add sub-locations.
A sub-location can be something like Top Shelf, or any indication of where the product is in the location.
When you take a count you will then count everything in each sub-location to make it easier to find that item.
After you enter a sub-location, press the green plus button.
Assign Products to Locations
From the main counts screen, click "Products"
Type in the product name OR item code in the "Filter Products" box.
Choose the location you want to add them to by selecting from the "Select Location" pulldown menu.
Click the button to add the product to the location.
Create templates for your counts.
Click the green + New Template button
Give it a name. In this example it's called All Locations. We'll only have one Template since we count everything weekly.
Click each Location that you want to appear on your count sheet
You'll see each location that you click in the column called Count These Locations on This Template
When you are ready to count you'll see this Template available.
If you've created more than one Template you'll see them listed here
When you are ready to count you'll see a pull down with the Template name. Choose your Template and the locations and ingredients associated with that Template will populate your count sheet.
If you have multiple Templates, choose the one you want to count
Take a count
To insure that all your On Hand is correct zero everything out when you start a new count. Here is how to automatically zero out your on hand before taking a count.
- From the main screen, click on "Counts"
- On the following screen, select "New Count"
- Select a template from the pull-down menu. Enter the time and date. The "counted by" and "verified by" fields are optional.
- The first location will show up in the middle. Use the pull-down menu to select the main location or sub location you would like to count.
Leaving a count blank will NOT zero it out. reciProfity will use the LAST count for this product. reciProfity can automatically zero out counts before each count session.
- Enter your counts for the packages and/or units for the items on the screen.
- Use the arrows to scroll through your different locations and enter counts for each item.
- When you are done, select "save and new" to start a new count or "save and close" to save and exit. You can hit "save" at any point while taking a count to save it while you are working. You can always go back and edit it later.
Edit and View Counts
Once you have taken counts you can view and edit them.
- Click on Counts from the Inventory Manager menu
- Click on the Counts icon and then Edit Counts
- Click on any count to open it
- Make changes to the date or the item count or add it to a PO