Prep build is a two-way transaction. You provide the quantities of prep recipe(s) that you want to make, and reciProfity automatically accounts for the complete movement of inventory:
- Adds to the on-hand of the prep recipe
- Depletes the inventory required for making the prep recipe(s)
Now you can sell/transfer/count and use the prep recipe, and essentially track it like you would any inventory item.
The prep recipe will appear in the actual usage report (the build amounts act like a purchase), and the ingredients used will appear on the ideal usage report (just like inventory used when selling recipes).
Prep Builds allow you to run perpetual inventory on your prep recipes.
Put your prep recipe in a location for counting.
Use Waste Tracking to report any waste.
The Actual Usage report will now show usage for each prep recipe.
The Ideal Usage report will show usage for ingredients in a prep recipe.
The Variance report will show any variance of either ingredient OR prep recipe.
Show the items used in the ideal usage.
A Prep List is a cart that lets you add multiple prep recipes and keep them in the cart until you are ready to do a Prep Build.
If you are doing a Prep Build without adding recipes to a Prep List:
1. Click the Prep Build link from the sideboard menu:
2. Choose New
3. Choose and Add your Prep Recipes and the Quantity you've prepared:
4. After Saving you will see that Prep Build listed on the Prep Builds page. CLicking Tools will give you the Prep Build Journal:
5. The Actual Usage Report will also display your Prep Builds:
FYI, if you want to create Requisition/Production sheets and want to "explode" your prep recipes so it displays all ingredients, click the Gear/Setup/Options/Recipes