There are several reasons your Count totals may not match your On Hand report:
Sort the On Hand by Group:
1. The first thing to do when there’s a mismatch is sort your On Hand by Group. So drag and drop the Group column header to the top of your On Hand report (see the image below).
2. In the On Hand scroll through and look at the Groups and match them to the Groups on your count sheet. Are you missing Groups in your Count Sheet?
3. Match the Group Total in the On Hand report against the total in the group for the count. If there is no match (generally the dollar amount is higher in the On Hand) this is because you may have received goods for new items after the count was taken.
Counts and blanks vs. zero
2. When you take a count and leave a quantity blank reciProfity retains the previous count (and any invoices, sales and adjustments) as the On Hand.
A blank is NOT a zero. If there is nothing on hand for that item and you want to indicate this make sure you put a zero in the quantity field.
2. Run an actual inventory journal and look to see if any Counts were done AFTER the dates of the transaction in question. A later date will override the on hand recalculation. Also look for invoices and adjustments!