If your item is not found in The Book of Yields you can add it manually.
Let's start easy:
1. Click the +Add Manual Conversion button
1. Shrinkage Only
In this example we purchase butter by the lb, use it by the lb and have a 5% shrinkage.
Why 5%? Think about how much butter is left on the paper, cutting board, utensils, etc. You can lose 5%.
- Enter 1 lb in the There Are field (you purchase by the lb)
- Enter lb in the Per field (there are 1 lb per lb)
- Then enter 95 in the Yield field (this is a 5% shrinkage)
We calculate the cost field for you.
With a 95% yield we get only .95 lbs instead of a full 1 lb, and a price of $2.692 a lb instead of $2.557.
We'll use the after shrinkage price of $2.692 in your recipes.
2. Converting weight to volume AND a Yield %.
In this example we purchase butter by the lb but we want to use it in a recipe by the cup and calculate a 95% yield.
- In the There are field you'll tell us how many cups of butter there are in a pound (2 cups)
- In the Per field you'll enter lb (there are 2 cups per pound)
- In the Yield% field you'll enter the yield after any loss or shrinkage
reciProfity now can calculate any weight or volume usage in your recipes. You do NOT have to enter any other conversions.
In addition you can see the new after shrinkage price:
In Ingredient View mode you will see this: