Available in :
Agile | Aware | Analyzer | Multi-Outlet
YES! You can add custom nutrition. Just remember that the USDA uses 100 gram portions for calculating nutritional information.
Why it's important
- In order for your nutrition information and labels to be accurate each ingredient needs to have a nutritional component.
How to do it
- From either the top "hamburger" bars, or from the Dashboard choose The Optimizer.
- Choose the Custom Nutrition button
- Click the green button+ Add Nutrition
- Add the item name and nutritional code. reciProfity will create a code number for this ingredient and use the nutritional information.
The USDA FoodData Central database contains the nutritional information for the USDA Global Branded Food Products Database (Branded Foods), Nutritional info in this database is already in 100 gram portions. Copy those nutrient amounts into the reciProfity Custom Nutrition fields.If your ingredient is NOT in this database you can get the nutrients from the package label. Just remember that the USDA uses 100 gram portions for calculating nutritional information so you will need to insure that the info you put into Custom Nutrition is per 100 gram serving portions.for IMPORTANT
- Open and Edit the ingredient, scroll to the USDA nutrition field on the left side bar and enter the name of this Custom Nutrition ingredient.
For example, we created a custom nutrition for dried cherries. Typing in dried cherries you will see dried cherries and the green box Custom. Choose the custom code.